Wednesday 19 August 2009

Make a wish

"Umar ibn al-Khattaab was sitting with a group of his companions and he asked: 'Let each one make a wish!' Someone said: 'I wish that this house was filled with gold, which I would happily spend in God's path.' Umar asked the people again: 'Make a wish!' Someone else said, 'I wish that this house was filled with pearls, chrysolites, and with every kind of precious gem that I would most happily spend it in charity in God's path.' Umar asked again, 'Make a wish!' They replied: 'O Ameer ul-Mu'mineen, we truly do not know what to wish for!' Umar then said, 'I wish that this house was filled with men like Abu Ubaydah bin al-Jarraah.'"

"And there is no other than the blood of my heart for me to give
To wash humiliation off your sides, O Jerusalem"


Beautiful nasheed, 'sahmu al-ams' (yesterday's arrow), by Brother Abu Ali:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5lhIMOC4jE

No comments: