Monday 31 August 2009

Free (in my bubble)

"... I would like to close this talk of mine by encouraging you to give that, which belongs to Allah (3azza wa jalla), but He decided to put it in your hands.

To give some of it for the sake of assisting and freeing and helping your brothers behind bars..."


(Source: Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki's half-hour pre-recorded message that was not allowed to be aired at yesterday's cageprisoners event, see link below)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/aug/23/islamist-preacher-council-address

Subn7aanallah. Good deeds - giving in charity in particular - is a funny business. I always hesitate and start thinking ifs and buts before I do. But I have never regretted or felt my wealth has decreased whenever I have. And yet I don't give freely? The story of the Companion Abdur-Rahman Ibn Awf (radhiyallahu 3anhu) is recommended reading.

1 comment:

adil said...

"... Don't become cowards. Don't necessarily become hostile. But don't become cowards..."

A brother speaking at an Iftar gathering last Sunday outside Belmarsh prison about his working vouching for and bailing out (coughing up £50000 on occasion) Muslims held for months/years without charge, even those he didn't know, because no-one else would.

He said he has got himself in a lot of trouble with 'the authorities' for doing so. Having to go through three silly court attempts to get him on something. Btw, he was educated/professional/well-spoken, in case you are building a mental image of a militant/bearded/ghetto brother.