Saturday 20 June 2009

Add a forehead to those knees

"The greater reformer Martin Luther King is quoted as saying, 'I have so much to do today, I'll need to spend another hour on my knees.' To him, prayer was not a mechanical duty but rather a source of power in releasing and multiplying his energies."

('The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People')

"If you take a child and you throw the child up, there's a point where they go into this state of complete panic. And then when they come back to your arms they're laughing. THAT is Dunya. I guarantee you. That moment, that is your life. You came from God and you're going back to God. And there's just a moment where you're in complete state of panic. But just relax, you're in good hands. You're in good hands."

(Attributed to Hamza Yusuf by the person who sent it to me)

No comments: