Sunday 9 March 2008

Beneficial Knowledge

"Imam Shafi'ee said: 'The knowledge of one who does not make himself perfect will come of no use to him'."

(Source: Imam Ghazali's Ihya Ulum-id-Deen)

Indeed I seek refuge from knowledge that does not benefit,
and I seek assistance in
steering clear from the debates of ignorance,
tossing away the magazines of idleness and
turning off the sitcoms of pointlessness.

O Allah, bestow upon me understanding of Your Deen
and guide me to its correct interpretations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the dua I was taught to read before learning:

'Allahumaa 3limnaa maa yanfa3unaa wanfa3naa bimaa tul3llimunaa wa zidna 3ilmaa.'

Oh Allah, teach us that which benefits us, and bring benefit to us from that which you teach us, and increase us in knowledge. Ameen.

ps Very enlightening blog mashAllah. May Allah swt reward you for the one who reads and derives benefit from it. Min Ameera

adil said...

Very nice Du'a maa sha Allah. I have written it on the inside cover of my Mushaf, so every time I read and derive benefit from it, your good-deed counter will tick insha-Allah.

About the Blog, in composing my posts and processing the incoming comments, no-one derives more benefit from it than me, walhamdulillah.

Jazaakillahu Khairan and I hope you will bless my Blog with your comments in future.